Accessing and Grading Student Tests
STEP 1: Accessing Grade Center
Once the students have completed the test, in order to access their results and or grade any questions that need grading, you would navigate to Grade Center, then Full Grade Center.
You can see for the “teststudent”, underneath the column, Test #1: How To, is a yellow circle with a white “!” In it indicating that there is a submission there waiting for grading.
STEP 2: Grade Your Test
1. In order to start grading your test you click the down arrow, and then click on Attempt.
…you can see that this is the student answer here:
…and now instead of the yellow circle, you will see a grade for that students test.
In this instance, this column was set up to show the grade and not a percentage.
STEP 3 – Edit Column Information
2. Go to “Edit Column Information”.
3. Where it says “Primary Display”, you can change it from a Score to a Percentage.
Now for this test, you will see the percent that the student received as well as the grade beside it. This is the view that the students will also see.
3. You also have the opportunity to Clear the students attempt if you wanted to delete this and let them try again, or simply Ignore the attempt, which would not let them try again but does not provide the grade.
STEP 7: Manual Grade Override
2. If for some reason you wanted to give the student a different mark than what was calculated by Blackboard, you could put that here, it also provides an opportunity to put in information as to why you may have done this.
STEP 8: Column Details
1. If you click Column Details, it gives you a look at the column details and how everything is set up.
STEP 9: Grade History
1. Click Grade History.
When the test was submitted, what it was graded at, and if you would have put a manual override in here, that would show as well.
2. Click Return to Grade Center.
So when the student signs in to check their grades they would not see this result.
6. Click on the My Grades link on the left hand side.