Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing and virtual classroom tool that supports real-time online discussion and collaboration.
- Interactive whiteboard for commenting and sharing presentations
- Chat function for real-time text input. web tours to discuss and investigate websites and polling
- Application sharing for moderators to share an application (e.g. MS Excel) and give participants remote control
- Breakout rooms to facilitate group work
- Session capture: record a guest speaker, lecturer or student presentation for later viewing and evaluation
- Set up sessions within your Blackboard course and have accessibility options
Blackboard Collaborate: Instructions for Use
Faculty are strongly encouraged to pre-record session lectures and post the link within Blackboard Learn. This will significantly decrease technical issues your students may experience during a live online session. If you do not have a Blackboard Collaborate account or to have your password reset, please contact Angela Bourgeois at the Timmins IT department to have this done for you.
For On Demand training on using Blackboard Collaborate, visit Blackboard.com
Blackboard Support for Students
Blackboard Quick Start One Minute Guides
Complete List of Blackboard Resources
Getting Started with Your Course Environment
Learning Management System and Master Course Guideline