Creating a test in Blackboard is a three step process.
STEP ONE: Create Test Shell
Provide a name along with a description/and or instructions that you would like the students to have.
STEP TWO: Add Questions to the Test.
Either create questions manually, import from Northern’ s Test Generator, or copy from existing tests and/or pools.
STEP THREE: Deploy the Test
Make the test available somewhere in your course for students’ access and set all parameters, for test availability, passwords etc.
BENEFITS OF TESTING IN BLACKBOARD
• Objective test questions (multiple choice, multiple answer, true/false, matching terms & fill in the blank) will all be marked automatically by the system eliminating the need for the instructor to mark these individually.
• Subjective test questions (essay, short answer) are easily gradable and provide ample feedback options as well.
Access to Online Test Results
• All test data is available online and can be compiled by student, question or course to view performance trends and gauge both question and test reliability.
• Downloadable content can be imported directly from publishers that provide access to online test banks.
• Providing your test online through Blackboard eliminates the need for photocopying and physical distribution of tests to the testing center.
Secure Testing Environment
• When combined with Respondus Lockdown Browser we can ensure that students do not have access to any external content during the testing process thereby limiting the potential for academic dishonesty.