Respondus LockDown Browser - What is it?
- LDB is a custom Browser
- Locks down the testing environment in Blackboard courses
- Available for both Windows & Mac OS (but is not supported at Northern College on tablets or phones)
STUDENTS ARE UNABLE to:
When using LDB, students are unable to…
- Navigate to other URL’s
- Access other software programs & applications
- Capture screen content
- Use right-click menu options or access any keyboard shortcuts
- Access or use any other digital resources during your test
Once enabled, students will not be able to access your test in any other browser other than Respondus Lockdown Browser.
WHERE TO FIND IT
- Faculty can access the than Respondus Lockdown Browser Dashboard directly within your Blackboard course.
- Set the requirement for LDB to any test within your course
- Students can download the free software from the MyNorther.ca homepage under IT resources & Services.
Additional videos are available to show you how to attach LDB to your Blackboard tests.