A Quick Introduction
- Blackboard Collaborate is a web based conferencing tool designed for use in online teaching.
- You can create virtual classrooms and online meeting spaces to share material and communicate with your students.
- Blackboard Collaborate offers both synchronous and asynchronous options.
- It hosts a variety of on board tools such as a Collaborative Whiteboard, Breakout Rooms, and also has the ability to allow you to share desktop applications materials and resources with your participants.
- You have the ability to record all of your sessions and post recording links into blackboard learn for your students to access at a later date.
- Because Blackboard Collaborate is a web based conferencing system, it means that there's nothing to install and every student and teacher has easy access.
- It works best in Google Chrome.
- To access Blackboard Collaborate, you simply need to open your browser and navigate to https://ca.bbcollab.com, from there you can input your credentials that you were provided from your IT department and start creating your first session.